Guys in the Ktichen

We just made it through another cold, damp weekend in southeat Missouri. We had another round of snow Friday night that melted pretty quickly Saturday morning leaving everything nice and mucky. So... What do you do with bored boys? Bake a cake.

Braden was as eager as could be to help any way that he could. He found a permanent perch on a chair by the stove. Daddy was sure brave to give him the bag of cake mix! Boy did he take his job seriously though.


Yep, it's good. Stamp of an almost 3 year old's approval.


Not a big fan of cake, Riley decided to just hang out on the couch and read a magazine. He is amazing us with his reading right now. I thought I would have to help him a lot, but nope... He didn't need me. I hear him reading words like hover, feathers, and distances! My mouth might have dropped open a couple of times in amazement. Yep, I am a proud parent to a reading Kindergartener.


"Can I help? You can't say no to these baby blues! And it is my birthday cake you are practicing to make, dad."


The finished product... A cheetos orange volkswagon beetle. Watch out Ross, TanMan is going to get it!


I think they have watched too many episodes of Cake Boss. The cake was baked in a special (cast iron) pan, knives carved just oh so carefully, and the hair dryer came out to perfect the icing. But they are sure proud of their creation.

1 comments:

Bev said...

That is such a cute cake...you go Ross...the Cake Boss has got nothin' on you!