Stealing Our Hearts

Nova-September 2010 Nova is now almost 8 months old!  She has grown into a beautiful chocolate lab.  (Although, I might be a little partial and all…) 

Back in March when we decided to add her to the family, we talked a lot about the pro’s and con’s.  Were we ready to add a puppy to the mix again?  TanMan was just learning to walk.  It takes soooooo much time and effort.  Housebreaking, chewing, crate training, lots of crazy puppy moments.  I was the eager one for sure.  Ross took a little coaxing to convince that this was right.  I just didn’t feel that our household was complete without a furry critter around.  I wasn’t ready to NOT have a dog again.  It was time.  Ross was easily convinced once he held this furry little butterball in his lap when we went to “Just see” the puppies.  We brought her home that night.

6 1/2 months later… 

Nova has been a wonderful addition to the family.  She is awesome with the boys.  She loves to run with Riley, even though that aggravates him sometimes.  She follows Braden around the yard looking for sticks.  She lets TanMan crawl all over her, even when she might have just been sound asleep.  They are all buddies in one way or another.  The boys love having her around.  They all keep an eye out for her, and I am sure as time goes on she will be the one to keep an eye on them. 

I knew that it would all be good.  Having critters just makes our world right…

4 comments:

Bev said...

Having a furry critter is an essential part of our world too...I mean two...haha!

So here we are in our RV with three kids and two dogs and we couldn't be any happier!

Love the pics of Nova!

Tara Patterson said...

Great pics of Nova...so photogenic...unlike our Bella who seems to always turn or run. Funny thing that your blog was about Nova, just this morning I was reminding Scott that Bella would be 1 in December. Like you, the eagerness came from me with our story of Bella.

Our Backyard and Beyond said...

Awe, thanks for the comments about the pics.

Tara-She would not have been half so photogenic had it not been for me holding her ball right up next to the camera! I needed a photography assistant!

Anonymous said...

I guess greg and i are lucky are two like to have their pictures taken with or with out their special toy next to the camera although i like the idea i might have to try that if they don't want to have their pictures taken. Do you ever have Nova go out carrying his favorite stuffed animal on most of his walks? just wondering let me know talk to you soon.
Jenny, Greg, Kelly and Sergeo