Just Another Trip to Town…

This winter, we took many weekend trips to town.  Picking up groceries, heading to the man mall (a.k.a. Lowes), eating at McDonalds.  You know, just ordinary stuff.  Most of the time however, these trips include some fun sights.  We have watched army helicopters land at the little airport in town, seen a HUGE semi truck in an abandoned parking lot (I think it had over 30 tires on the rig!), picked up a few geocaches, gone to the farmers market, bought a couple of rabbits, and the list goes on and on and on. 

Now that I have my sometimes smarter than me Android phone, I am able to document more of these everyday moments.  Here are a couple of collages that I put together on my new PhotoGrid Android app then emailed to myself so that I could post it here.  Really like this app so far.  Amazing what phones can do today!  Amazing what all this technology can do!  You know, I never even used email until I was out of college a couple of years!  So many changes in such a short time.  Imagine telling these guys about the days when I was a kid and the phone was attached to the wall with a cord and you could not leave the house to talk.  Since the phone is our go to communication to keep in touch with family across the miles, I think that will be more amazing to my guys than life without so many of the other modern conveniences.

Here are the men planning out their manly irrigation system for this year’s garden.  Plants will go in soon.  Very soon!  TanMan did take a little extra time to peruse the many options for painting his room now that his crib is gone.  Yep, no more baby bed for this big guy!  Time to put together a bigger boy room now.  Out with the yellow stripes (it isn’t as bad as it sounds!) and in with the new…  He hasn’t picked the new color yet.  =)

Lowes collage

On our way to Wal-mart, we had to detour to the next door parking lot to take a look at these mighty machines.  Guess their drivers were eating lunch.  The boys were all in awe, and walked around and around the trucks to take in every detail. 

Fire truck collage

Sometimes it is easy to get caught up in the daily grind of life.  To focus on the mundane tasks.  To think that life is boring.  Simple trips to town like this are a good reminder that there is excitement and opportunity everywhere you look.  Sometimes you just have to remember to branch outside the box to find those moments.  It helps to be looking at the world with the youthful eyes of our little guys too!  Search to find ways to overlook the mundane of your world too.  Let us know what you discover on your next adventure to get groceries!

1 comments:

Bev said...

What a great tip...to just open our eyes to the every day stuff! It is easier to do that when looking at the world through young eyes.

These are great photos from your new phone and the app is very cool! I have seen more folks taking pics with their phones here at Fiesta this week than those of us carrying cameras...I am so out of it I guess.