Springtime Shots in our Backyard

In the months of looking at many blogs trying to get a feel for what is out there and what I want to do here, I have come across a few neat weekly theme posts.  I have been thinking I need participate in a few of these “blog carnivals” or “blog hops” sometime.  One that I have really enjoyed looking at is at I Should Be Folding Laundry--You Capture.  You capture is a weekly challenge/assignment where folks jump in and post links to their blogs showing what they capture for the theme through their own camera lens.  This week I decided to finally take the plunge and jump in myself!  This week’s You Capture theme is Depth of Field.  I have a few favorite images from this spring that fit perfectly into this challenge.  Hope you enjoy them too!

TanMan depth of field CollageThis first set of pics were taken when the boys and I headed out back one afternoon in early April.  It was a beautiful day.  They guys all had a blast.  TanMan loved getting to put his new walking skills to work.  Great fun was had by all.

Spring FlowersThe second set of pictures were taken around our backyard.  A dogwood blossom.  Newly emerging sassafras leaves.  A single redbud bloom.  I think I need to print this one and put it up on the wall somewhere!

When you are done here head on over and take a look at more you capture images.  You might be inspired to jump in yourself.

Photobucket

9 comments:

Rebekah said...

Those are fabulous shots!

Bev said...

Great idea! I don't get new followers, but I do get lurkers (can tell that from analytics) by posting comments to other blogs and participating in them.

Bev said...

Depth of field; bokeh shots...those are the only reason why I even toy with the idea of an SLR. Everything else I want to do, I get great with my G9. But bokeh...I love bokeh. I also have learned this trip that if I set my camera on the Sport setting, I can often capture great scenery shots from the the moving vehicle...who knew? Anyway, I posted my first comment before telling you how much I love your shots. And do let me know how you are doing the collages.

Jen said...

Very nice! I like the collages.

Amber D said...

great shots!

Bec said...

I love your flower shots- so springy and fresh!

Anonymous said...

Fab photos!

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

Beautiful shots!

Our Backyard and Beyond said...

Thanks for all of the wonderful commments everyone!!!!!!